Friday 1 April 2011

April Fools Day

Today we arranged for a child minder to look after our two girls for two days a week. £98 a week this shall cost, BUGGER ME! I thought it was an April fools joke but no, half of Karens wages will go on this just so that we can afford to live. It hardly seems worth returning to work does it, and the Govt wonders why people do not want to go to work. But will have to pay it as apparently we are only allowed to use an OFSTED approved childminder. Although what OFSTED has to do with children under the age of two is beyond me as last time I checked children were not required to start formal education until the age of 5. If OFSTED have to poke their noses in then surely if should be free as education in England is supposed to be free, and I am pretty sure that I am not sending my girls to a childminder to be educated. As literacy and numeracy in this country's schools seems to be at an all time low then surely OFSTED would be better off concentrating on what we pay our taxes for EDUCATION, not childminding

No comments: