Monday 4 April 2011

Proud as Punch

I took my girls to the childminder for the first time today. We really do not want to but needs must. I admit to being a little nervous (understatement), but all was well.
After finishing work at 6 a.m. I had to get home wake the girls, feed them, clean them, clothe them and get back out of the door in time to get to the childminder. Got all done in plenty of time and was halfway down the road when I promptly turned around and returned to pick up the mass of paperwork given to us by Sarah the childminder.
Panic over we all arrived at Sarah's with 20 minutes to spare, so walked around Tesco's carpark and knocked on the door at precisely 10 to the hour. After handing over my precious charges to Sarah and passing on as much irrelevant information as I could Sarah told me to just go stop worrying and get some sleep.
Of course sleep did not come easy. As I lay in bed desperately going over in my mind that I had not forgotten anything, nappies, milk, dummies, all the relevant info about Grace and Phoebe. Eventually I fell asleep waking not at all refreshed thinking Got to pick the girls up must not be late, PANIC STATIONS. When I get to Sarah's all was well, Grace and Phoebe had been little Angels as one would expect, eaten heartily, no tantrums and Sarah was heaping praise upon them. We walked home and I was on top of the world, my Girls had done Karen and I proud. Mind you I still regret having to hand them over to Sarah again tomorrow morning, but suppose that I will have to get used to it.

No comments: