Thursday 9 June 2011

Digestive Biscuits I mean Hobnobs

Yesterday on a whim attempted to bake Digestive biscuits. But due to not having all the ingredients on the recipe they turned out more like Hobnobs. Very good all the same.

150 g (5½ oz) plain wholemeal flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
30 g (1 oz) medium oatmeal
20 g (¼ oz) bran
100 g (3½ oz) dark muscovado sugar
50 g (1¼ oz) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
4 tbsp milk, or as needed

now the bran I did not have, so I upped the oats up by 20g.
Basically you mix all the dry ingredients then mix in the wet to make a dough. Roll in to a log wrap in greaseproof and put in to the fridge for half an hour. I put it in the freezer as it seemed a bit wet.

Take out the roll slice it up and bung in the oven for 12 min on 190.

Hey Presto Digestive/hobnob biscuits.

Sorry there is no pictures of the results but they did not last long at all, what can I say, not a lot mouth full!

No comments: