Saturday 21 May 2011

Running??

Do not know why but when I woke up this morning I decided to go for a run. I cannot remember the last time I did this, must be years ago. Anyone who remembers me in the forces knows that PT was something I avoided like the plague.
So I went downstairs grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and went straight out before I changed my mind. All Karen heard was the front door shutting behind me.
Mistake number one at the bottom of the road I turned right. Skitta Hill, it is a bugger of a hill and seems to go on for ever.


Skitta Hill it still does not show the gradient but its like 45 degrees


But one thing I found was that all the cobwebs seemed to blow away and after two miles or so I got home again. It was not a marathon by any means but I enjoyed it. The Olympics will not be graced with my presence by a long chalk, but it felt good.

On getting home out of breath and sweating like a race horse, all I got was the micky ripped out of me by Karen, once she had got over the initial shock that is.
At least my two Girls did not laugh at me probably because they cannot talk properly yet that is.

No comments: